Frogs are back in action on the 16th of October with our biggest and most exciting Emu Park ever, including the Capricornia School Sports selection races. This event includes:
- An aquathlon*
- An enticer triathlon* / duathlon
- A sprint triathlon* / duathlon
* school sport selection race – other participants welcome subject to age limits (see below)
Clilck here to see the event results
Emu Park provides a safe and challenging race environment suited to all levels of participants under the supervision of the ever-friendly EP Surf Lifesavers and course marshals.
The bike course is on open roads, but traffic control is located at major intersections to provide participants right-of-way (and traffic volumes are relatively low in Emu Park on Sunday mornings).
- The Aquathlon consists of a 1km beach run, 200m swim and another 1km beach run. Longer distance aquathletes have the option of doing the course twice (back-to-back).
- The enticer triathlon / duathlon begins with a 350m swim (or 2.5km run for duathletes), followed by a 9km ride and finishing with a 2.5km run.
- The sprint triathlon / duathlon begins with two laps of the 350m swim course, including a beach run between laps (or 2.5km run for duathletes), followed by a 20km ride and finishing with a 5km run.
Capricornia Schools Selection – extra notes
Please ensure you have nominated your interest in trialing for selection using the appropriate Capricornia Schools Selection channel before race day. If you have not pre-nominated, you will not be eligible to be considered for selection. You will also need to register for the event through our club event registration system using the link above. If you wish to be considered for selection, please select the specific Capricornia Schools Trial event, corresponding to your age group (see below).
On completion of your event you will need to submit additional paperwork to Capricornia School Sports within the appropriate timeframe. They will assess results and make the team selection and provide all communications in relation to this. If you have any questions in relation to the Capricornia School Team selection process, please contact [email protected]
Age Group classifications for Capricornia School Selection Trials – 2023 Championships
|Event||Classification||Age in 2023||Year of birth|
|Aquathlon||Junior||11-12||2011 to 2012|
|Triathlon – Enticer||Junior||13-14||2009 to 2010|
|Triathlon – Enticer||Intermediate||15-16||2007 to 2008|
|Triathlon – Sprint||Senior||17-19||2004 to 2006|
Age cut-offs for all other participants (as per TA rules)
|Event||Age as at 31 Dec 2022||Year of birth|
|Enticer – Triathlon/Duathlon||12 years +||2010 or earlier|
|Sprint – Triathlon/Duathlon||14 years +||2008 or earlier|
|Aquathlon||10 years +||2012 or earlier|
Please note – as this is a special club event you’ll notice some small changes to our usual friendly & casual club event. In particular Transition opening & closing times will be strictly observed. Therefore, to ensure the safety of all participants and provide unimpeded racing for those competing, you will be unable to access Transition on completion of your event until it reopens at approximately 9:15am.
BIKE / RUN COURSE MAPS
1. Enticer bike and section 1 of Sprint bike course
2. Section 2 Sprint Bike Course
3. Run Leg